Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
DDMC-Solling e.V.
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 140 mal aufgerufen
 Tech Talk
carrie567 Offline

06.06.2019 04:07
o. "One of the reasons I came Zitat · Antworten

COPENHAGEN – When you bring up Andre Burakowskys name around players on Canadas world junior hockey team most crack a small smile. Theyve heard what the Swedish forward was quoted as saying in the local publication Skanskan. Specifically, Burakowsky said that, on paper, Sweden has a better team than Canada. "We heard that," said Canadian forward Charles Hudon, a Montreal Canadiens prospect. "It is motivation. Ive never seen two papers play on the ice. Were ready for that game and I think they are too." Canada and Sweden will face off in an exhibition game Sunday in Angelholm, Sweden. You can watch it live on TSN starting at 11am et/8am pt. Canadian players werent shy when asked whether Burakowskys words will be on their mind. "Of course, it does motivate you for sure, but let them think that," said 17-year-old Barrie Colts defenceman Aaron Ekblad, who officially secured a spot on Team Canada when Damon Severson was cut on Friday night. "They have a highly-skilled team and, obviously, we need to respect that and we just have to counter with our work ethic." Even defenceman Adam Pelech, who is Burakowskys teammate on the Erie Otters in the Ontario Hockey League, admitted the comments got him going. "Teams are always looking for things like that to put on the wall for some extra motivation before the game," he said. "Things like that we just try to use as fuel for us." Pelech isnt the only Otter caught off guard by the Burakovsky quote. Connor McDavid, who picked up a pair of assists in Canadas 4-2 win over Finland on Friday, is Burakowskys linemate in Erie. "He can be a little bit cocky," McDavid noted with a chuckle, "but hes entitled to his own opinion." Burakowsky, a first round pick of the Washington Capitals last June, is having a fantastic rookie season with the Otters. When he left for Swedens junior camp, he was fourth on the team in scoring with 23 goals and 47 points in just 31 games. The 18-year-old will be making his world junior debut this month. "We kind of joked about playing each other in Sweden in his hometown of Malmo and maybe in the gold-medal game," McDavid said, "but thats a long way down the road. We still have a lot of work to get there, but it would be pretty nice to have that over him." "Hes a really good guy," said Pelech. "I like him a lot. I havent talked to him recently, but obviously I heard about the comments and I guess Ill shoot him a message. Im looking forward to talking to him about that." Canadian head coach Brent Sutter has repeatedly said he wants his players to focus on themselves and what the team needs to do to be successful. But when informed his players were talking about Burakowsky, Sutter was more than okay with it. "No, thats good," he said with a wry grin, "keep feeding it all they want, thats good." Not lost on the Canadian players is the reason why Burakowsky is feeling confident. The Swedes won the silver medal last year and have almost half of that team back plus theyll have home-ice advantage this time around. Meanwhile, Canada has just three players (Jonathan Drouin, Griffin Reinhart and Jake Paterson) returning from the team that finished fourth last year. "Swedens a pretty good hockey country, but were Canada and were confident in the players we have," said McDavid. Discount Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys . -- Conner Bleackley got it done in regulation time and in the shootout. Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys Outlet . Osmond, of Marystown, N.L., fell in the middle of her routine and placed fifth in the ladies free skate at Iceberg Skating Palace (110.73 points), but that was all the Canadians needed after a strong performance by Kevin Reynolds in the mens free earlier Sunday. http://www.cheapchargers.us/. Howard hit a three-run homer with two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning to lift the Philadelphia Phillies to a 6-3 win over the Colorado Rockies on Wednesday night. Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys China . All of 46 seconds into the Pittsburgh Penguins 3-2 victory over Alex Ovechkins struggling Washington Capitals, Crosby assisted on Chris Kunitzs goal. Custom Chargers Jerseys . Off-Season Game Plan looks at the Capitals possible summer plans, with the understanding that its tough to plot a direction without a general manager or head coach around which to set those expectations.Earlier this week, Natalie Achonwa of the University of Notre Dame was named one of the top fifty players in America. In an early season watch list for The Naismith Trophy, which recognizes the womens college player of the year, the Guelph, Ontario native was one of two Canadians acknowledged. She made the accomplishment while rehabbing from a meniscus tear in her right knee, which forced her to miss the first three games of the season. If the injury sounds familiar, its the same one that has sidelined Chicago Bulls point guard Derrick Rose for the rest of the NBA season. However, Achonwa, a 63 forward, underwent a different surgical procedure which allowed her to get back on the court in four weeks to compete in her final year. In Achonwas first three seasons at Notre Dame, they have made it to the Final Four each time and lost in the championship game twice. "I always say its like we went to the ball three years in a row, and we never got the crown," she states. "We were always the bridesmaid and never got to wear the dress. I know the three seniors and captains between us - we want to leave Notre Dame a legacy. The class before us with Skylar Diggins and Kaila Turner, they really started something and we battled with them for three years to three Final Fours, and this year we want that ring. After all weve been through, thats whats pushing us to leave Notre Dame on a high note." This seasons Fighting Irish squad is already off to a strong start, undefeated at 5-0 and ranked No. 5 in the country. In a rare NCAA game on Sunday December 1, they will host Duquesne at Mattamy Athletic Centre in Toronto, Ontario. "One of the reasons I came to Notre Dame is you have opportunities like this," she says. "We went to Europe this year, weve done so much and now coach is letting me have a senior game back at home. Im just really blessed for the opportunity to be able play in front of my family and friends." Achonwa isnt a stranger to playing in Canada or for her country. As a memberr of the Senior Womens National Team, she helped the squad to a silver medal at the FIBA Americas tournament this summer and a berth to the World Championships in 2014.dddddddddddd Yet for all their success, the hype surrounding Canada Basketball still resides with the mens team. A program ranked 26th in the world and has fallen short of expectations in recent years, while the women seemingly get no respect. "I dont know if its about respect," Achowna says. "But more recognition that we are good and that we do compete for medals. Its just the popularity of womens basketball as a whole, its sad. Just because we cant dunk or throw alley-oops, people dont see it as entertaining. I think thats changing even with the Olympics two years ago and that brought some awareness back to the program. Just the rise and talent and how well weve been competing the last couple of years, and continuing on in the future. Im hoping it will bring some recognition in womens basketball." Her inclusion on the Naismith watch list already indicates that Achonwa is primed to be the recipient for more recognition, which will be key as she prepares for life after South Bend, Indiana. "I definitively want to continue to play outside of Canada Basketball, I want to play professionally as well," she says. "If I get drafted this year that would be great, but we have a very competitive class and theres a lot of great players." What may come off as false modesty is the reality that its not easy to make a WNBA roster, particularly with only 12 teams in the league. "Theres a great difference between the WNBA and NBA. If youre not a top five pick, youre trying out for a team, youre not on the team. If I make a team, I would love to be in the WNBA, but I would play overseas." However, right now shes more concerned with how shes going to finish this week, playing basketball at home with her friends and family watching, and taking one more step towards winning a national championship. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz