Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
DDMC-Solling e.V.
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 180 mal aufgerufen
 Verabredungen RR-Touren
carrie567 Offline

10.06.2019 03:58
ld MacInnis to expect questions from Zitat · Antworten

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- Yogi Ferrell orchestrates pretty much everything in Indianas offence. Coach Tom Crean added another responsibility to Ferrells plate Sunday: guarding the opponents top scorer. Ferrell came through on both ends -- scoring 27 points and shutting down Nik Stauskas -- to lead Indiana to a 63-52 upset of No. 10 Michigan. "Yogi is playing at an extremely high level," Crean said. "Hes a true lead guard with everything he does." Against the Wolverines, that was just about everything. Ferrell drained seven 3-pointers, two shy of the Assembly Hall record, in eight attempts and limited Stauskas, one of the nations best scorers, to just six points, 12 below his average. "This is a great win because Michigan is such a great team," Ferrell said. The Wolverines (16-5, 8-1 Big Ten) had been the last unbeaten in conference play, off to their best Big Ten start since 1976-77. Indiana ended their 10-game winning streak by holding them to their lowest point total of the season. "I think its really good for us," coach John Beilein said. "I didnt think we were going to go undefeated. We hadnt lost since Dec. 11, against Arizona. In the long run, we have to get better." What made Ferrells matchup with Stauskas so impressive is that Ferrell is a point guard, giving up 6 inches and nearly 30 pounds to Michigans small forward. Stauskas was 1 of 6 from the field and spent many possessions on the left side of the court away from the action, rarely touching the ball at times. "They were denying Nik in the corner," said Caris LeVert, who had 12 points and joined Derrick Walton Jr., who scored 13, as the only Wolverines in double figures. Glenn Robinson III was also quiet, contributing nine points. Indiana (14-8, 4-5) had lost three of four but rode a tight, creative defence and Ferrells hot shooting to a win that might shift its season. Crean decided Ferrells awareness, quick hands and intensity were the perfect antidote to Stauskas deadly shooting and effective passing. "Youve got to make his catches hard and his looks even harder," Crean said. "Youve got to be conscious of where he is at all times. Im proud of our whole team defensively. Yogi was the catalyst." With Stauskas limited, the Hoosiers led most of the way in improving to 12-2 at Assembly Hall. Noah Vonleh added 10 points and 12 rebounds for the Hoosiers, who shot 54 per cent to the Wolverines 40 per cent. Indiana may have reinvigorated its hopes for an at-large berth to the NCAA tournament by securing a second victory over a top 10 opponent. The Wolverines are a common victim and no stranger to coming up short in this series. Dating to last seasons run to the national title game, the Wolverines are 27-12 in their last 39 games -- with three of the losses to the Hoosiers, who are 24-8 against Michigan over the last 18 seasons. Michigan was outrebounded 31-22 and shot just 3 of 13 from behind the arc. As Ferrell drained one 3 after another, fueling the crowd early and late, the Wolverines normally prolific offence was off from the start. Michigan had more turnovers (8) than field goals (7) in the first half and scored just six points on its final 11 possessions to trail 25-22 at halftime. It took a few breaks to stay that close. Walton was fouled twice in the half shooting behind the arc and converted all six free throws. The Wolverines also pushed the ball effectively for transition opportunities, scoring eight fast-break points. After Indianas defence was slow to get back and allowed Zak Irvin a layup, Crean called a timeout with 10:08 left in the half. Out of the stoppage, the Hoosiers scored on five of their next six trips to grab a 22-18 lead. Facing their fourth halftime deficit since November, the Wolverines never got over the hump. Three free throws from Austin Etherington and a fast-break layup by Evan Gordon gave Indiana a 49-41 lead with 7:41 to play, causing Beilein to call time out. After Stauskas free throws cut the deficit to 53-49 with 4:04 to play, the Hoosiers clamped down, getting two stops before another basket by Gordon pushed the lead to six. The Wolverines came up empty on their next two trips before Etheringtons free throw made it a seven-point game, and Indiana pulled away from there. Gordon had eight points for Indiana, despite only being cleared to play early Sunday morning because of a nagging illness. Having missed 39 of his last 55 shots entering the day, Gordon emerged from the throes of that miserable shooting slump by attacking the basket repeatedly. "He played as fast and as aggressive as weve seen," Crean said. Stanford Robinson scored seven points and Will Sheehey added six for Indiana, but Ferrell played 37 exhausting minutes to make it all possible. His 3 off a kickout gave Indiana the lead for good at 32-29 with 16:06 remaining. The sophomore later scored nine straight Indiana points, including 3s on consecutive possessions, to make it 43-36 with 10 1/2 minutes left. "Once I hit a couple, they all felt good," Ferrell said. "I was going to let it fly." Ferrell did, Stauskas did not, and Michigan paid the price. "Hes terrific," Beilein said. "They take their quickest player and dont let Nik get the ball. We had no answers for Yogi." Christian Wilkins Jersey .The South African had three birdies on the front nine and another four after the turn at Leopard Creek Country Club to move to 16-under 128 overall.Grace, who won all four of his European Tour titles in 2012, dropped his only shot of the competition on the par-3 fifth. Cheap Dolphins Jerseys China . The Raptors have to get through the pesky New York Knicks Wednesday at Madison Square Garden and can lock up the third spot in the Eastern Conference with a win or a Chicago loss in Charlotte. http://www.dolphinscheapjerseys.com/?tag...l-deiter-jersey. Reimer is winless (0-2-1) since returning from a six-week absence due to concussion-like symptoms. The Maple Leafs dropped a 4-2 decision to the hosting Washington Capitals on Friday. Wholesale Dolphins Jerseys Authentic . On Friday night, after a long rain delay, he was scratched from his scheduled start. Cheap Dolphins Jerseys . Lowry and the Raptors officially announced a four-year US$48 million dollar deal Thursday. The deal was reported last week but couldnt be made official until Thursday, when the moratorium on signings was lifted. "They were real factors. I did my homework.PHILADELPHIA - Their last names follow them to every rink: Lemieux, MacInnis, Turgeon. Its a blessing and a burden for nine sons of former NHL players who are all expected to be taken in the first four rounds of the draft this weekend. Theres Sam Reinhart, son of Paul; William Nylander, son of Michael; Kasperi Kapanen, son of Sami; Ryan MacInnis, son of Al; Brendan Lemieux, son of Claude; Ryan Donato, son of Ted; Daniel Audette, son of Donald; Dominic Turgeon, son of Pierre; and Josh Wesley, son of Glen. "Its just awesome to see that other players sons are being able to make it because theres a little bit of pressure that comes with playing with the name on your back," Brendan Lemieux said. "And its not very easy, especially when youre playing minor hockey, to do it when your dads there and people see you different just because of who your dad is." So many of these young men shared similar experiences along the way, getting a taste of the NHL lifestyle at practice rinks and in locker-rooms. "I felt like I was kind of born into hockey with my dad," Dominic Turgeon said. "At that very young age I promised myself, thats what I want to do with my life." Along the way, these nine prospects took varying paths. Some followed in their fathers footsteps as closely as possible, while others wanted to do their own thing. "Its just the father-son relationship: that DNAs there," NHL Central Scouting director Dan Marr said. "Sometimes they play opposite styles: Tie and Max Domi, Ryan and Al (MacInnis)." Sam Reinhart, whos expected to be a top-five pick in Friday nights first round, is a centre whereas his father spent 10 NHL seasons as a defenceman. Sam was born six years after Paul retired and didnt really model his game after him as much as naturally pick up some tendencies. "My dad never really taught me a skating side of the game, and I think thats just kind of the way I picked it up and I hear it has been similar to his," Reinhart said. "Ill take that." Kasperi Kapanen, who spent the first 12 years of his life in North America as Sami played for the Carolina Hurricanes and Philadelphia Flyers, considers his dad the biggest influence on his hockey career as his teacher, mentor, trainer and No. 1 fan all at the same time. At one point, Sami and Kasperi were teammates for KalPa Kuopio in Finland, which made him think twice. "Its kind of weird if he has the puck on the ice and youre with him and yell out, Dad!" he said. "And you think about it for a second like, Whats going on?" Kapanens goal is to become at least as good a pro as his dad, if not better. Thats a high bar for Ryan MacInnis, a centre who doesnt have the blistering shot his dad, a Hall of Fame defenceman. Marr told MacInnis to expect questions from interviewing teams about how fast he can shoot. "I have no idea," said MacInnis, who hasnt tested his shot with a radar gun. Ryan MacInnis does have some of his dad in him, or at least the defensive awareness. And scouts watching notice the bloodline. "When you watch him wind up, he has a very similar style of wind-up," said Ross MacLean of the scouting service ISS Hockey. "The mechanical structure of it is very, very similar. Its certainly nowhere near the velocity or the heaviness that his father had, but that might come as he continues to mature." William Nylander, who played youth hockey in the United States before his family moved back to Sweden, will likely need time to mature. He was just five or six yearss old when Michael played for the Washington Capitals and invited Nicklas Backstrom over to their house.dddddddddddd. Lemieux still has good relationships with some of Claudes former teammates, including now-Colorado Avalanche vice-president Joe Sakic and coach Patrick Roy. When Brendan met with the Avalanche, Roy kept quiet and let the rest of his staff do the talking. The pre-draft interview that surprised Lemieux was with the Detroit Red Wings, who his father spent years tormenting as an agitator extraordinaire. Lemieux didnt think it would be a legitimate interview, especially with one of Claudes biggest rivals, Kris Draper, in the room. "I thought they were going to walk in, make a few jokes," Lemieux said. "They were extremely professional, they barely brought it up. I tried to joke about it, they werent even budging. They were extremely serious. I was really impressed. Id have no problem playing in Detroit after that interview, for sure." Thats if the Red Wings want a carbon copy of Claude Lemieux. Brendan knows the game has changed since his father sunk the Stanley Cup to the bottom of the familys pool in 2000 but doesnt want to deviate much from how Claude played. "I think I can still bring that maybe a little bit of old-school sandpaper to a power-forward type role," said Lemieux, who admires Dallas Stars pest Antoine Roussels game. "I think a lot of teams are looking for that edge." Ryan Donato hopes a team is looking for a two-way centre in the vein of Jonathan Toews or Patrice Bergeron. Ted Donato, who will be his sons coach at Harvard next season, mentored Bergeron during his final season with the Boston Bruins, which gave his son someone else to model practice habits on. As far as off-ice habits, Ryan might want to be like his dad. "One of my favourite (stories) was when Ray Bourque got up to go to the bathroom, I guess he took his shoes off for a second and my dad got two lobsters and put them in his shoes and he came back and he put his feet in his shoes and there were lobsters in there," Donato said. Daniel Audette, more of a passer than Donald, who scored 260 goals in his NHL career, has a favourite story about his dad that hell probably tell friends this weekend. "On his draft day when he was 19 years old, he didnt get drafted — he was in the last rounds and he was getting mad," Daniel recalled. "He was throwing chairs in the back of the rink. He really wanted to get drafted, I guess." Finally the Buffalo Sabres took Donald in the ninth round in 1989. Daniel wont have to wait nearly as long, as hes projected to go in the first three rounds. The same goes for Dominic Turgeon, who wants nothing more than to be just like Pierre. "He loves to protect the puck down low," Turgeon said. "Thats what I do all the time in the offensive zone, really use my body to my advantage and drive the puck to the net." But with the name Turgeon comes expectations. Its true for all nine prospects, whether they like it or not. Still, there are plenty of benefits, like making scouts look twice because of the pedigree. When they do, more often than not they can tell theres some extra polish. "They grew up around the game," Marr said. "I think thats the advantage that they have. Ryan MacInnis, hes a professional athlete at 17 years of age, but his hockey sense and his hockey IQ, you can see thats what hes got from his dad, the way he plays the game." --- Follow @SWhyno on Twitter. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Heute 1.10 »»
 Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz