Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
DDMC-Solling e.V.
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 87 mal aufgerufen
 Events
carrie567 Offline

25.07.2019 02:46
ing if his career was over at 28.And Zitat · Antworten

ARLINGTON, Texas - Just the prospect of Washington quarterback Colt McCoy playing in his return to Texas was enough to get family and friends buzzing.The former star for the Texas Longhorns will start Monday night against the Cowboys if the Redskins decide, as expected, that Robert Griffin III needs at least another week to recover from a dislocated ankle.Even if Washington does the unexpected, the past week has been a refreshing one for McCoy. He was signed by the Redskins in the off-season only because they wanted a third quarterback to absorb some work behind Griffin and Kirk Cousins.I was going to get a few tickets before (when) I wasnt playing and now it has turned into a laundry list, McCoy said. I dont want it to be too big of a distraction, though. I am excited about going back to Dallas.McCoys return to the site of his last college game in his home state feels more like a revival than a reunion.The 2010 third-round pick by Cleveland started 13 games for the Browns in 2011 before he was sidelined by a head injury. He hasnt started since.McCoy got the call at halftime last week when Cousins was struggling, and led a fourth-quarter drive to Kai Forbaths last-play field goal in a 19-17 win over Tennessee.Hes ahead of Cousins on the depth chart for now, but hell never be ahead of a healthy Griffin, the 2012 Offensive Rookie of the Year who won the Heisman Trophy a year earlier at Baylor, just up the road from McCoys college home.None of that will matter if McCoy is under centre on Monday Night Football in one of the NFLs oldest rivalries at the $1.2 billion home of the Cowboys.Thats where McCoys pass off the railing with the clock approaching 0:00 led to the officiating crew putting a second back on the scoreboard. Texas kicked a field goal in a 13-12 win over Nebraska for the 2009 Big 12 championship and a spot in the national title game.Alabama then won the BCS crown after McCoy was sidelined early by a shoulder injury.Ive seen a lot, said McCoy, whose record as a starter is 6-15. My path in the NFL so far has been a lot different than other guys, but Im thankful for the things Ive learned and the experience Ive gained.McCoy will be wearing a burgundy No. 16 rather than the burnt orange No. 12 thats so familiar to fans of the winningest quarterback in Texas history.And hell have one of his former offensive linemen on the other sideline in Tony Hills, a tackle who protected McCoys blind side for the quarterbacks first two seasons at Texas. Hills will be in his second game with the Cowboys after getting signed off Miamis practice squad.Hills, a fourth-round pick by Pittsburgh in 2008, knows a thing or two about NFL purgatory. He sat out last season wondering if his career was over at 28.And now Im back home in the state of Texas, said Hills, a backup who isnt likely to play. Youve just got to keep the faith, keep grinding, keep pressing.The challenge for McCoy will be trying not to make too much of a sudden return to the spotlight he grew so used to managing when he was the small-town West Texas kid. McCoy twice had the Longhorns in contention for a national championship.I just dont want to get caught up in this huge opportunity thing, McCoy said. I just want to go out there and be who I am — that is who I am every day in here — be confident and play the best football I can play.Just being out there is more than family and friends would have expected two weeks ago.___Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL___Follow Schuyler Dixon on Twitter at https://twitter.com/apschuyler Connor McGovern Jersey . Maximilian Arnold put Wolfsburg ahead in the eighth minute, when the stationary Fallou Diagne allowed him to guide Patrick Ochs cross beyond the helpless Freiburg goalkeeper, and Ivica Olic doubled the lead three minutes later after Luiz Gustavo did well to set him up. Chuck Howley Youth Jersey . -- Navy football player Will McKamey, who has been hospitalized since collapsing at practice three days ago, has died while in a coma. http://www.cowboysrookieproshop.com/Cowb...s-Haley-Jersey/. -- Tony Finau won the Stonebrae Classic on Sunday for his first Web. Bob Lilly Cowboys Jersey . 15 in Hamburg. The fight was originally slated for Sept. 6 but had to be postponed after Klitschko tore a bicep in sparring and was forced to miss four weeks of training. Jay Novacek Womens Jersey . -- Former NHL star Jeremy Roenick shot a second-round 69 to take the lead after 36 holes and former LPGA great Annika Sorenstam and Chad Pfeifer, who lost his left leg above the knee serving in Iraq, are among several players in contention in the American Century Championship tournament on Saturday.MONTREAL -- Canadian tennis star Eugenie Bouchard says she had no problem with a controversial question she fielded at last months Australian Open, moments after the biggest win of her career. The 19-year-old from Westmount, Que., had just become the first Canadian to reach a Grand Slam semifinal in 30 years when she was asked by an on-court female interviewer who she would like to date, if she could choose anyone in the world. Many observers quickly deemed the question sexist, with some asking whether a similar query would ever be put to a male athlete. The exchange attracted even more attention because Bouchard, apparently caught off guard by the question, blurted out an unexpected response on live TV: "Um, Justin Bieber?" Her reference to the Canadian pop star seemed to be tongue-in-cheek. Bouchard, who will represent Canada at this weekends Federation Cup in Montreal, said Wednesday she thought the question was all in good fun and she was happy to play along. "I think it was a fine question, you know, I think its entertainment for the fans," Bouchard said when asked at a Fed Cup news conference if she thought the Australian Open question was sexist. "It was actually a fan question, so at the end of the day, its for the fans and, if thats what theyre curious about, well thats fine by me." The No. 19-ranked Bouchard said she might like to know more herself about who, for example, a certain soccer player would want to date. Sometimes, she added, it can be fun to handle questions about something other than tennis because the answers might interest a broader audience. When asked if she thought a male athlete might receive a similar question, Bouchard didnt directly respond, saying the fact shes a younger player might explain why she got such a query. &qquot;You know, they wouldnt ask Roger Federer that question -- obviously, hes married and has kids," she said, referring to the 32-year-old Swiss tennis legend.dddddddddddd. "But I dont know, maybe, I think they should (ask) other single tennis players. Why not?" The question came after Bouchard, who was the 30th seed at the Australian Open, completed a stunning 5-7, 7-5, 6-2 upset of former world No. 1 Ana Ivanovic. The victory made her the first Canadian to reach the semis at a Grand Slam since Carling Bassett-Seguso at the 1984 U.S. Open. Bouchards impressive run in Melbourne came to an end a couple of days later when she lost 6-2, 6-4 to fourth-seeded Li Na of China in the semifinal. But her accomplishments caught the attention of tennis fans in Canada and abroad, including a group of a dozen or so raucous Aussies who became her unofficial cheering section at every match. The group, which dubbed itself the "Genie Army," wore T-shirts that spelled her name, belted out cheers composed just for her and tossed stuffed animals to her on the court following each of her appearances. Bouchard was asked Wednesday about how much things have changed since her emergence at the Australian Open, where some commentators called her next big thing in womens tennis and a potential future Grand Slam tournament champion. "For sure theres been more attention and I think it comes with the job," said Bouchard, who added that more people now recognize her on the street. "It just shows, you know, if you have success on court, youll get attention off the court. But my first priority is tennis and I focus on that and make sure I get everything I need to do done. "And then if theres other attention off the court, well, thats a good thing." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz