Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
DDMC-Solling e.V.
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 144 mal aufgerufen
 Sonstiges
carrie567 Offline

01.08.2019 03:18
ave a job. Theres really only two pro Zitat · Antworten

MONTREAL -- Speculation on Jim Popps future with the Montreal Alouettes has been put to rest, at least for now. The only general manager the CFL club has had since it returned to Montreal after a 10-year hiatus in 1996 signed a three-year contract extension on Thursday that runs through the 2017 season. There was concern that the 49-year-old, who was in the final year of his contract, was ready to move on. But the Elkin, N.C. native said: "I plan to be here and fulfil my contract." He did not say if his deal includes an out-clause if he is offered an NFL job. He drew interest ahead of last season from the Indianapolis Colts and rumours of a move south have arisen periodically throughout his tenure with the Alouettes. Its assumed Popp would jump at the chance, but he said hed be just as happy to stay in Montreal until he retires. "I cant foresee the future," said the married father of six children, all born in Montreal. "I have to work. "I dont know if Ill ever retire, with six kids. But I love the job, the city and the team, so if it happens that way, youll find a very happy person. I dont dwell on whether (an NFL job) will ever happen. I know Im very fortunate to have a job. Theres really only two pro football leagues and there are 41 jobs. I have one of those." Popp was GM of the defunct Baltimore Stallions for two years, winning a Grey Cup in 1995, before the team moved to Montreal. He is 233-129-1 as a CFL general manager, adding Cups with the Alouettes in 2002, 2009 and 2010. In Montreal, his teams have never missed the playoffs and never won fewer than eight games in a season. But it looked like his stay was coming to an end last winter when owner Robert Wetenhall did not let him keep the head coaching job, left him out of the decision to hire Tom Higgins as coach and did not immediately extend his contract as GM. Popp took over as head coach for the third time in his career when Dan Hawkins was fired only five games into the 2013 season. He is 14-18 in the regular season as a coach. If there was any bitterness about not being allowed to coach, Popp said he is over it. "I have no hard feelings about anything," said Popp, who is also vice-president and director of football operations. "Its business. Its (Wetenhalls) team. "He makes the decisions. It was a real roller-coaster in the off-season, especially for me personally with different things that went on, but I knew the entire time that I might not be the head coach. I also want to make it very clear that my relationship with Tom Higgins is very good." Team president Mark Weightman said Wetenhall did not attend the news conference because he was ill. Weightman hopes the move will end talk of a rift among management. "For us, there wasnt a lot of doubt that it would play out this way," he said. "I understand how perception wasnt always that clear, so to have this done early, if it silences the critics or closes the door on that conversation, great. "We can focus on the season and winning some games. Having Jim secured for many more years is a big part of ensuring the stability of our club." Popp said that talks on his contract extension lasted only a week. "There was never any doubt or worries from my end that those discussions would take place," he said. Fake Air Max 1 Cheap . The Spanish champions decision not to sign a defender during the January transfer window may have backfired after Valencia took advantage of a lethargic, uninspired effort by its hosts at the Camp Nou, where former Spain coach Luis Aragones -- who previously coached the Catalan side -- was honoured after his death on Saturday. Fake Air Max 180 Cheap . He was still a kid, going into his senior year of high school. Thursday, the point guard stood in front of a couple dozen members of the media and spoke with poise about how much hed grown since then, and how hes ready for the next level. http://www.fakeairmax.com/fake-air-max-96-cheap/. Brazilian striker Brandao opened the scoring with a header in the 55th minute before winger Franck Tabanou volleyed home from close range to double the lead in the 61st. Wholesale Fake Air Max . The Cavs announced the move Saturday, one day after LeBron James said hes returning to Cleveland. A 12-year veteran, Haywood has played in 794 NBA games, averaging 6. Fake Air Max From China . Henrik Samuelsson and Luke Bertolucci also scored for the Oil Kings, who are now 9-0 on home ice in the playoffs to cut Portlands series lead to 2-1. Chase De Leo and Mathew Dumba responded for the Winterhawks, who suffered just their fourth loss in their last 46 games, a string of success running all the way back to Jan.NEW YORK -- Pittsburgh Penguins centre Evgeni Malkin has been named the NHLs first star of the week after scoring three goals and adding six assists in nine games. Detroit defenceman Niklas Kronwall was named the leagues second star, while Chicago defenceman Duncan Keith took third star honours. Malkins big week helped the Penguins (18-9-1, 37 points) earn seven out of a possible eight points and remain in first place in the Metropolitan Division. The highlight for Malkin was a four-point performance in a 5-1 win over Florida on Saturday. Malkin leads the NHL with 28 assists and ranks second with 35 points, one behind teammate Sidney Crosby. Kronwall had three multi-point games in leading the Red Winggs (14-7-7, 35 points) to three victories in three starts.dddddddddddd The highlight came Wednesday as he scored his third power-play goal of the season and added an assist in a 6-1 victory over the Boston Bruins. Kronwall is tied for fourth among NHL defencemen with 18 assists and 21 points in 26 games this season. Keith had six assists over the week as the Blackhawks (20-4-4, 44 points) won all four of their games to move atop the NHL standings. He capped the week by recording two assists, his fourth multi-point game of the season, in a 5-2 victory over the Phoenix Coyotes on Saturday. He leads all NHL defencemen with 23 assists and ranks second among blue-liners with 24 points in 28 games this season. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz