Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
DDMC-Solling e.V.
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 109 mal aufgerufen
 Berichte
carrie567 Offline

31.07.2019 02:48
but it was nice to get out there," sa Zitat · Antworten

KISSIMMEE, Fla. -- Atlanta has released pitcher Freddy Garcia, who was contending for a spot in the Braves battered rotation. The team announced the decision Monday, the deadline for Garcia to be put on the major league roster -- which would have triggered a $1.25 million guaranteed salary. "They said they didnt want to pick it up. I have to go," said Garcia, who started Game 4 of last years NL division series against the Los Angeles Dodgers. The 37-year-old right-hander was let go despite a strong outing Sunday, when he limited the New York Mets to an unearned run and two hits over 5 1-3 innings. He was 1-1 with a 4.76 ERA in five spring training starts. With Kris Medlen and Brandon Beachy out for the season, and Mike Minor on the disabled list through at least mid-April as he comes back from a sore shoulder, the Braves are pursuing a trade, waiver-wire deal or signing. "Its a fluid situation," general manager Frank Wren said. "There could be other things that happen. Be patient." Clubhouse attendants already were preparing for the arrival of right-hander Aaron Harang, who was released from a minor league contract by Cleveland on Monday. If a move isnt made, the opening-day rotation would consist of Julio Teheran, Alex Wood, rookie David Hale and non-roster invitee Gus Schlosser. Ervin Santana, signed late in spring training to a $14.1 million, one-year contract after Medlen and Beachy got hurt, is set to join the rotation the second week of the season after building his arm strength. Gavin Floyd, coming back from elbow surgery, could be ready by the end of April along with Minor. Minor is scheduled to make his first appearance of spring training Saturday in an exhibition at Rome, Ga., against a Braves minor league squad. Floyd is to pitch for the first time Friday in a minor league game. "Out rotation depth will change drastically in a few weeks and that was part of our decision," said Wren, who insisted that cutting Garcia wasnt financially motivated. Garcia, who has won 156 games, was visibly shaken. "I want to pitch, but not going to the minor leagues," he said. "I come here and try the best I can. I threw yesterday the way I want to pitch and they decided to go the other way. ... They made a decision, and I got to go with it." The team trimmed its active roster to 29 players by optioning left-hander Ryan Buchter and outfielders Jose Constanza and Joey Terdoslavich to Triple-A Gwinnett, and reassigning infielders Tyler Greene and Tommy La Stella to the International League team. The demotion of Buchter left another non-roster pitcher, Ian Thomas, as the second left-hander in the bullpen behind Luis Avilan. Mikko Rantanen Avalanche Jersey . The Leafs were back on the ice Wednesday following an 10-day break. It apparently wasnt long enough, as Team Canadas 2-1 win over Latvia didnt conclude before the Leafs began practice. "I was thinking we might get a little delay, but it was nice to get out there," said Tyler Bozak of watching Wednesdays game. Rob Ramage Avalanche Jersey .C. -- The shot that would have beaten No. http://www.hockeyavalanche.com/authentic...alanche-jersey/. Spieth again showed game well beyond his 20 years with a 9-under 63 on the North Course, giving him a one-shot lead over Stewart Cink going into the weekend at the Farmers Insurance Open. Anton Lindholm Avalanche Jersey . Weise will have his hearing with the NHL head office over the phone, while the league has requested an in-person hearing with Kassian. Oilers centre Sam Gagner suffered a broken jaw after getting hit with a high stick from Kassian in Edmontons 5-2 win. Matt Nieto Jersey . In taking its goal tally to 99 in all competitions already this season, City delivered another demonstration of its lethal firepower at Etihad Stadium to set up a fourth-round match at home to another second-tier team -- Watford. CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Cornerback Leon Hall jogged toward the right side of the defence and took his customary place, matched against receiver Mohamed Sanu. The play was a handoff, so Hall didnt have to do much. Thats not what mattered. Hall lined up for the first 11-on-11 play in the Bengals first practice of training camp on Thursday, an encouraging sign for one of the NFLs top defences. "It means a lot," Hall said. The 29-year-old cornerback tore his right Achilles tendon midway through last season, the second time hes sustained such an injury. He tore his left Achilles in 2011, but was back as the starter the following year and played very well. Hes made another quick and full recovery. "There was never really a doubt in my mind," Hall said. "It was just trying to be patient enough to go through that long process again." Even though hes fine physically, Hall hasnt been able to be on the field during off-season workouts, so hes still got a lot of work to do on his form. At one point during the afternoon practice, he went to the sideline and worked on his side-to-side movement. "I felt good," he said after practice. "No pain. I felt strong. My footwork wasnt very good, but thats going to come in a few days." Defensive tackle Geno Atkins is coming back from a torn anterior cruciate ligament and wanted to participate in the first practice, but was held out on Thursday as a precaution. Coach Marvin Lewis wants to give him a few days to ease in before hes cleared to fully practice. Hall is a mainstay on a defence that has ranked among the leagues top 10 for each of the past three years, finishing third overall in yards allowed last season. The Bengals never doubted that hed be ready despite his second significant injury in three seasons. "Leon, he works hard at everything he does," defensive co-ordinator Paul Guenther said. "Iff you can have a poster child for a coachs guy, thats him.dddddddddddd Hell do whatever he has to do. He spent the whole off-season getting that thing back to go. Im excited to see him back on the field." After Halls Achilles surgery in 2011, there were doubts about whether he would still be quick enough to cover the other teams top receiver. When he got back on the field, he was just as good, if not better. "His speed became better last time, which is really something," Lewis said. "I thought he played faster in 2012 than he did before. I think thats what excites him about this: Maybe anatomically Ive got something that made me better." Hall doesnt know if he was that much faster after the first Achilles surgery, but all of the rehabilitation work has him in good shape for the start of camp. "I feel like I felt years ago, before I did the first one," Hall said. "Ive heard numerous times that your Achilles is technically stronger after you have the surgery. I wouldnt suggest going and tearing your Achilles, but thats just what I heard from the doctors and people in general. Thats good news. "I feel better. Lets just hope it translates to the field." Notes: The Bengals claimed first-year WR Conner Vernon off waivers from Cleveland and signed free agent WR Jeremy Johnson, a rookie from Southern Methodist. They waived punter T.J. Conley. ... OL Andrew Whitworth was held out of practice with a sore calf. ... At the start of practice, a couple of fans hung two banners from a public bridge that overlooks the practice fields. The first banner urged the Bengals not to sign quarterback Andy Dalton to a contract extension. The other said: "AJ to AJ, the future is now." The Bengals signed quarterback AJ McCarron in the fifth round. McCarron didnt throw to A.J. Green on Thursday -- hes resting a sore passing shoulder. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz