Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
DDMC-Solling e.V.
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 94 mal aufgerufen
 Events
carrie567 Offline

07.08.2019 02:42
Sweezy was the one part of the Seattle S Zitat · Antworten

WASHINGTON - Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder says its time to put some money behind his claim that his teams nickname honours Native Americans. Snyder said Monday hes creating a foundation to assist American Indian tribes, even as some in that community continue to assert that the name "Redskins" is offensive. "Its not enough to celebrate the values and heritage of Native Americans," Snyder said in a letter to the teams fans. "We must do more." The letter states the Washington Redskins Original Americans Foundation will "provide meaningful and measurable resources that provide genuine opportunities" for Native Americans. The announcement did not state whether Snyder will personally donate any money to the foundation and gave no other financial details. A major opponent of the nickname said Snyders move was "somewhere between a PR assault and bribery." Suzan Shown Harjo, a lead figure in a long-running case that seeks to strip the Redskins of their federal trademark protection, told The Associated Press that Snyder is showing the "same arrogance" that hes shown previously when defending the nickname. "Im glad that hes had a realization that Native Americans have it tough in the United States," Harjo said. "All sorts of people could have told him that, and have been trying to tell him that for a long time." Snyder again gave no indication he plans to change the teams name. He said he believes "even more firmly" the name "captures the best of who we are and who we can be, by staying true to our history and honouring the deep and enduring values our name represents." Snyder has come under unprecedented pressure to change the name over the last year. President Barack Obama told the AP in October he would consider changing the name if he owned the team. Harjo said the refusal to budge on the name will offset, at least in part, the good that is done with the foundations money. "Will (the foundation) do much of anything? No. But it probably wont hurt," Harjo said, "except that it will continue the cycle of negative imaging of Native American people in the public arena." In the letter, Snyder said he and his staff visited 26 reservations over the last four months. He listed poverty, illness, drug abuse, violence and lack of basic infrastructure as among the problems faced by Native Americans. "Ive listened. Ive learned. And frankly, its heart wrenching," the letter said. Harjo wondered why Snyder, who has owned the team since 1999, is only just now reaching out to Native Americans. "Its sort of an admission that he was losing the PR battle," she said. "So now hes gone out to find the real story — as if someone was hiding the real story about pressing needs in Indian country." Cheap Yeezy Black Friday . On paper, it looks a little like Andre the Giant taking on a midget wrestler. It has all the makings of a rout with the Americans adding an eighth win in nine outings of this biennial event. The Yanks have eight players in the top 15 in the world while the Internationals have just one. Yeezy Black Friday Sale . Vinci also beat Dulgheru last week in Bucharest en route to her first WTA final in a year. Vinci next faces sixth-seeded Kurumi Nara of Japan, who beat Czech qualifier Katerina Siniakova 7-6 (5), 6-7 (3), 6-2. No. http://www.blackfridayyeezy.com/. The 6-foot-10 centre who won an NBA title with the Miami Heat was voted to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame on Monday, adding that honour to becoming a board member at his alma mater. Yeezy Black Friday China . -- J.R. Sweezy was the one part of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line that had avoided injuries or having to change positions this season. Wholesale Yeezy Black Friday .Y. - Matt Harvey wants to make sure hes on the mound in late October — if the New York Mets get there for the first time since 2006.Eugenie Bouchard would have chosen a different career path if she wasnt comfortable with the spotlight.The 20-year-old Canadian tennis star surged from relative anonymity to household name in 2014, reaching two Grand Slam semis before making an appearance in Julys Wimbledon final.That success on the court led to increased fame off it, but Bouchard says she wouldnt have it any other way.I knew what I was signing up for, Bouchard said on a conference call Wednesday. If didnt want attention I would have been a librarian, so I think its all good.I just need to make sure I know the priority is tennis.The Westmount, Que., native — who was named the WTAs most improved player this week — said it didnt take long for her to realize life would be drastically different as she shot up the rankings, especially after Wimbledon.It took me a couple days to get over it and get used to the whole situation, said Bouchard, the first Canadian singles player to make a Grand Slam final in the modern era. I dont know if its something you do get used to ... everyone, especially in Montreal, just coming up to you and talking to you and asking for pictures and trying to take your picture.Thats just one side of it. Of course theres a lot of off-court requests and things like that. I really just need to manage my time better. I feel like Ive done a good job, but thats definitely what I need to do.Bouchard, who rose as high as No. 5 in the world and also qualified for the season-ending WTA finals, said making her first Grand Slam semi at the Australian Open in January was a watershed moment.I kind of just proved to myself I could play on a big stage, she said. I played on centre court in the quarters and was able to win a tough match and play with all the attention and everything surrounding that tournament.I proved to myself I could handle those situations and I could play with the top players in the later stages of Grand Slams, which is so crucial.The current world No. 7, Bouchard said she tries to look ahead, but added that her loss at Wimbledon to Petra Kvitova is one she would like to have back.Just to be able to play it (again), whether I were to win or lose ... just to experience that moment again, she said. Besides that Im not going to dwell on the past. I think its important to just learnn from it, but keep moving forward.ddddddddddddBouchard said her approach and confidence on the court is one of the biggest changes shes undergone in the last 12 months.I have so much more experience now than November 2013, she said. Ive really gone through a lot. I feel like nerves going on a big stage have improved, staying mentally tough in matches. When Im playing a good opponent — top-10, top-5 — I believe in myself more now than I did.Bouchard said she wants to cut down on the number of tournaments she plays in 2015 to reduce wear and tear after she suffered some injuries as the season wore on. She has also yet to decide if she will play in Canadas World Group I Fed Cup tie against the Czech Republic in February.When you go deeper into the draws, especially at bigger tournaments, its just so much more stressful on the body and the mind, said Bouchard. Its important to have those rest periods.(But) its hard for me to scale down tournaments because I love playing and Im so competitive.Bouchard, who earned US$3.22 million in prize money in 2014, pointed to that competitive spirit as one of her key attributes.I put a lot of pressure on myself because I have high expectations, said Bouchard. I just always want to try and be the best I can be at everything I do, whether its tennis or a board game with my family.Bouchard defeated Karolina Pliskova in Nurnberg, Germany, in May for her first career WTA title, but she stumbled a bit after Wimbledon, including a loss in her opening match of the Rogers Cup in Montreal.It just showed me how much I can still improve, Bouchard said of the second half of her season. I feel like Ive raised my level so much this year, but I feel like I can still do so much better.Bouchard just got back training a few days ago and will play one tournament in the new year before the Australian Open in January.While many people were caught off guard by her success, Bouchard said she expected nothing less.Tennis is something Ive been doing since I was five years old and Ive had dreams of winning Grand Slams since I was very young, she said. Ive put in 15 years of hard work (and) Ive always believed in myself. Great results are great, but to me theyre no surprise.This year has definitely been a good step forward for me in my journey. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz