Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
DDMC-Solling e.V.
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 138 mal aufgerufen
 Berichte
carrie567 Offline

08.08.2019 02:45
e bit of solace in that anyway." Prime Zitat · Antworten

MONTREAL -- Winning bronze took some of the sting away for Chelsea Carey. Careys Manitoba rink stole three in the 10th end to post a 7-3 victory over Saskatchewans Stefanie Lawton to claim the bronze medal at the Scotties Tournament of Hearts on Sunday. "The disappointment doesnt go away, but you want to at least salvage what you can out of it," said Carey. "I dont agree with this even being a game. I never have. "The Page (playoff) system builds in a bronze medallist. But, as much as I disagree with the game, its nice to win a game to get there." Undefeated Rachel Homans Canada team faces Albertas Val Sweeting in the championship game later Sunday. Carey made two perfect draws to score two in the eighth end for a 4-3 lead. Lawton blanked the ninth and had the hammer going into the final end, but then disaster struck. Second Sherri Singler threw a flash, third Sherry Anderson hit a guard and soon there were five Manitoba stones ringing the button. Lawton tried to sneak in an angled raise with her last shot, but it couldnt get through and Carey got a steal of three. "It was worth a try,"said Lawton. "It was there...I had to stick it right on the nose. I couldnt roll off. But it was a bit too hard. We didnt leave ourselves in a great position to score one that end. "It would have been nice to finish with a medal, but Im proud of our girls. It was a great tournament for us. Its unfortunate how it ended." Carey finished second in the round robin but lost the first-versus-second game to Homan and then was beaten by Sweeting in the semifinal. "A podium finish is good at our first Scotties and to come back and battle today, Im so proud of the girls for hanging in there," said Carey. "Its tough to get motivated for this and it was a tough game to play, but they just hung in there and we were able to pull it off. "Theres a little bit of solace in that anyway." Prime Minister Stephen Harper was in the crowd of 2,261 at the Maurice Richard Arena. He has been to the mens Brier, but a curling official said it was his first visit to the Scotties. He is expected to stay for the final Sunday night. "Thats pretty cool to say you played in front of the prime minister," said Lawton. "Too bad we didnt win." TreDavious White Jersey . The Redblacks are taking on the Edmonton Eskimos in their second regular season game Friday night. Catch the game live on TSN as the back end of a doubleheader starting at 10pm et/7pm pt. Andre Roberts Bills Jersey . The team also announced Tuesday that the Braves will wear a commemorative patch on the right sleeve during the season. The patch, shaped like home plate, carries the number 715, Aarons autograph and a "40th Anniversary" banner. http://www.shoptheofficialbills.com/Elit...o-Bills-Jersey/. - PGA Tour rookie Tony Finau shot a 9-under 63 at Del Monte and had a two-stroke lead over Billy Andrade and Lee Janzen of the Champions Tour after Thursdays opening round of the Callaway Pebble Beach Invitational. Andre Roberts Youth Jersey . The Maple Leafs will play on the road for the first time this season after dropping home contests to Montreal and Pittsburgh to begin the campaign. After losing a one-goal decision to the Canadiens on Wednesday, they were bested 5-2 on Saturday by the Penguins. Thurman Thomas Youth Jersey . However, Jim Popp isnt sure how long hell be able to admire wide receiver Duron Carter. CLEVELAND -- Josh Reddick knows how to break out of a slump. Mired in an 8-for-43 skid over his last 13 games going into Friday night, Reddick homered twice, including a grand slam, and drove in a career-high six runs in the Oakland Athletics 11-1 win over the Cleveland Indians. "I was getting some pitches to handle and not missing them," Reddick said. "Thats how you keep a hot streak going, you dont miss pitches." Oakland manager Bob Melvin sure was pleased to see Reddick pounding out hits. "Its nice to see him drive some balls," Melvin said. "The first one obviously puts four runs on the board and opens it up in a hurry. The second one was one of the more aggressive swings Ive seen him have in a while." Reddicks second career grand slam and Josh Donaldsons three-run homer sparked an eight-run second inning. Reddick added a two-run homer in the seventh. Sonny Gray (5-1) allowed one run and two hits with nine strikeouts in six innings for Oakland, which has won seven of eight. Both homers in Oaklands biggest inning of the season came off Zach McAllister (3-4), who struck out the side in the first, but retired only one batter in the second for the shortest outing of his career. The game-time temperature was announced at 49 degrees, a big difference for the Athletics, who had been playing in warm weather during a nine-game home stand. "Early on it felt like one of those cold nights that it was going to be tough to get some good swings," Melvin said. "Certainly in the second inning we got a lot of good swings." Nick Swishers solo homer in the first put Cleveland ahead, but Oakland sent 11 men to the plate in the second, with the first five reaching base. Brandon Moss doubled and took third on Yoenis Cespedes single. Lowries single got the Athletics even and Derek Norris walked. Reddick followed by hitting a 1-0 pitch into the seats in right. Coco Crisp and John Jaso drew one-out walks before Donaldson drove a 3-2 pitch into the home run porch in left field. The ball hit off a souvenir stand located in front of an entrance gate and travelled an estimated 410 feet. "Thats probably one of the best swings Ive had this year," Donalddson said.dddddddddddd Indians manager Terry Francona pulled McAllister for left-hander Kyle Crockett, making his major league debut. Gray played catch with Jaso in front of Oaklands dugout to keep loose during the pitching change. "You try to stay in the game," Gray said. "You do what you can to try to stay loose, especially when its a cold night." Grey was in control other than allowing Swishers homer. Michael Brantley singled with two outs in the third. The right-hander retired the final eight hitters, including five strikeouts. "I felt good, especially later in the game," Gray said. "I felt like I was getting better and better." Lowrie drove in two runs, including a leadoff homer in the third, while Donaldson has homered in three straight games. McAllister allowed eight runs in 1 1-3 innings and threw 38 pitches in the second, in which he gave up two homers, two singles, a double and three walks. The right-hander hasnt won since April 21, a stretch of five starts. "Everything went so well for me in the first," he said. "Then in the second, I fell behind in counts, and they were able to get some balls in play and hit them hard. I wasnt able to make any adjustments." Crisp was back in the lineup after missing seven games with a strained neck. Oaklands leadoff hitter was hitless with two walks in two at-bats. Brantley returned after sitting out Thursdays game with a sore back. He had one hit in four at-bats. The Indians are in last place in the AL Central, having lost four of six after winning a season-high four straight. NOTES: Reddicks grand slam was the first by the Athletics and the first allowed by the Indians this season. ... Francona said OF Nyjer Morgan has a sprained ligament in his right knee, but will not need surgery. Morgan was injured trying to catch a fly ball Wednesday in Toronto. ... Athletics 1B Kyle Blanks, acquired Thursday from the Padres, pinch hit in the ninth and singled. ... Francona said 2B Jason Kipnis (strained right oblique) could begin a minor league rehab assignment next week. ... Oakland LHP Scott Kazmir (5-1) faces RHP Josh Tomlin (2-0) on Saturday. Kazmir was 10-9 in 29 starts for the Indians last season. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz