Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
DDMC-Solling e.V.
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 156 mal aufgerufen
 Smalltalk
carrie567 Offline

12.08.2019 02:49
r the 400-foot sign in centre in the eight Zitat · Antworten

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Terry Francona asked crew chief Mike Winters to review a collision at the plate, and the umpire obliged. The call was confirmed, denying Cleveland the go-ahead run, but the Indians manager appreciated how smoothly the new replay process went. The Indians later delivered on their chances in the ninth, with Nyjer Morgan hitting a go-ahead sacrifice fly against new Athletics closer Jim Johnson as Cleveland sent Oakland to its major league-record 10th straight opening loss with a 2-0 victory Monday night. Nick Swisher added an RBI single against Johnson (0-1), who was then pulled from his As debut to boos from the sellout crowd. "I would have booed me, too. I (stunk) today, Ill admit it," Johnson said. "Thats fine. I deserved it. I expect that. The next time theyre probably going to be cheering." In the sixth, Winters became the first umpire to initiate a review under the expanded replay system, making the call after a collision at home plate. "Basically with the new rule I just wanted to confirm what I saw that the catcher did not block the plate unnecessarily," Winters said. "He was in fair territory, he gave the runner plenty of plate to go to. I just wanted to be sure." The call was confirmed in 59 seconds and the game remained scoreless. Winters wanted to see if As catcher John Jaso had illegally blocked the plate under baseballs new rule regarding home plate collisions. With Michael Brantley on third and one out, Asdrubal Cabrera hit a comebacker that ricocheted off pitcher Sonny Grays foot. Gray quickly retrieved the ball and fired home to Jaso, who tagged a sliding Brantley. Francona came out to discuss the play. "I just wanted to check and see if Jaso had blocked the plate. Weve all discussed the new rulings and what youre allowed to do and what you arent," Francona said. "I just asked him if hed look because I thought maybe he had gotten there a little too early. ... I appreciated him checking." Oaklands Josh Donaldson hit a single off the top of the wall near the 400-foot sign in centre in the eighth, but Daric Barton held up at second waiting to tag in case the ball was caught, and the As failed to score the go-ahead run. "That was interesting," Francona said. Cody Allen (1-0) then struck out Jed Lowrie and retired Brandon Moss on a grounder to first. Justin Masterson, in his third straight opening day outing, and Gray dueled before the bullpens took over to decide it. Masterson allowed three hits, struck out four and walked one in seven scoreless innings, lowering his ERA on opening day to 0.86. The game began just four minutes behind schedule under blue skies, a best-case scenario considering the downpour a couple of hours earlier. Grey walked the first two batters of the game but quickly settled to throw six scoreless innings with seven strikeouts and three walks in a 105-pitch opener. The right-hander, who dueled with Detroit ace Justin Verlander in Game 2 of last falls division series, earned the start after Jarrod Parker was lost to season-ending Tommy John surgery. Yan Gomes went 1 for 3 only hours after finalizing a new $23 million, six-year contract with the Indians. He was plunked in the left elbow in the ninth. John Axford finished for Cleveland, striking out Nick Punto to end it with runners on first and second. A couple dozen grounds crew workers carried large brooms to sweep water off the tarp all afternoon. The Indians briefly came out to right field to go through some warmups during a break in the rain some three hours before first pitch. The two-time reigning AL West champion As took the field 90 minutes before first pitch under the lights when the rain finally slowed -- some even in short sleeves. It started pouring again shortly after the game ended. NOTES: Cleveland CF Michael Bourn, on the DL to start the year with a left hamstring strain, ran down a ball and hit a pair of doubles in a minor league game. He was set to go to Triple-A Columbus on Tuesday, and Francona expected a meeting when the team returns home to face Minnesota on Thursday. ... Gray was Oaklands ninth different opening day starter in nine years. ... Masterson was the first Indians pitcher to start three straight openers since CC Sabathia from 2006-08. Ex-As RHP Bartolo Colon did it for Cleveland in 2000-02. ... Hall of Famer Rickey Henderson threw out the ceremonial first pitch. Cheap Air Max 95 Wholesale . Hattestad managed to avoid the carnage midway through the mens final, as a crash took out three skiers, essentially leaving two men vying for gold. The Norwegian posted a time of 3:38.39, outlasting Swedens Teodor Peterson, who took silver with a time of 3:39. Cheap Nike Air Max 90 Online . Tottenham claimed top spot in Group K by winning 2-0 at Tromso after defender Adnan Causevic scored an own goal before Mousa Dembele put the result beyond doubt. Valencia made sure it will finish first in Group A with a 1-0 win at Swansea thanks to an early goal from Dani Parejo. http://www.airmax90wholesalecheap.com/. -- The road to the Masters got off to a bumpy start Sunday for Tiger Woods when he withdrew from the Honda Classic with what he said was a lower back injury. Air Max 270 Wholesale . The Mavericks were not going to let San Antonio beat them with 3-pointers, and they did not want Tony Parker using the lane as his personal playground. Nike Air Max 90 Womens Clearance .com) - The St.LONDON -- The head of the English Premier League will face no disciplinary action for making disparaging comments about women in a private email exchange with a friend. A Premier League committee met to consider the matter involving its chief executive Richard Scudamore in London on Monday, with British Prime Minister David Cameron among the high-profile critics of his conduct. However, Peter McCormick, acting chairman of the Premier League, said in a statement that the leagues 17 clubs -- not including the three relegated teams -- "resolved unanimously that no further disciplinary action is required or justified." An investigation looked at a large quantity of emails and other documents sent by Scudamore and found there was "no evidence of wider discriminatory attitudes or inappropriate language or a general attitude of disrespect to women." Praising Scudamores "previously unblemished record over 15 years of service to the Premier League," McCormick added in the statement that women working ffor the Premier League said there was "no climate of disrespect of women in the workplace.ddddddddddddquot; Scudamore, who has brokered the deals that have turned the Premier League into the most lucrative and popular division in world football, issued an apology immediately after a British newspaper published parts of the leaked emails. In a statement released on Monday, he accepted that "entering into email exchanges of this nature was wrong" and "is something that will never be repeated." "I appreciate that I have a tremendous amount of hard work to do to convince those in the game who do not know me that my leadership and work in the areas of equality and discrimination to date reflect who I am and what I believe," he said. Scudamore pledged he will continue to do his utmost "personally, and through all the Premier Leagues means, to help promote diversity and inclusion, develop the womens game and support women who want be involved in football at any level." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz